Photo. Axel Crettenand
Jordi Pla Sabaté (1979), Graduated in “Master of Advanced Studies of Design for Luxury and Craftmanship” by Ecal, Lausanne. Switzerland (2014).“Bachelor in Product Design” by Eina School,Barcelona (2003) and “Post-Graduate in Modeling Digital 3D ” at Elisava School, Barcelona (2003).
Jordi in 2011, founded his own Product Design Studio offering creativity and development, with a deep knowledge for craftsmanship and industry. Every product is a result of an extensive design process. We playing and reinventing the design method for create new histories around the materials, industrial processes, science and artistic expression.
Since then, he has created and developed projects for different international companies such as: WMF, Vacheron Constantin, Baccarat, Normann Copenhagen, Remy Martin, Etablissement Callataÿ, Lékué, Suck Uk, Karlsson, Escofet, Grup Puig, Mit Legend.
Talks & Exhibitions
- - Bow Bottle Opener wins the SILVER DELTA AWARD from ADI-FAD. Barcelona June. 2018.
- - Bow Bottle Opener designed for WMF is part from the Exhibition “Best design of the Year” DHUB Museum. Barcelona June. 2018.
- - Demo-AdiFad for Comaxurros : Exhibition at Museu del Disseny “Exploring new Processes of Creation” for reinventing the tradional Xurro. Barcelona. May 2017.
- - Igualada Design Days. : Products selection are showed on this fair with the goal to promote design with the local industries.Barcelona.Igualada November 2015.
- - Telling Time Exhibition in Mudac. : Gong Repeater designed for Vacheron Constantin is selected for be part of this exhibit . Lausanne, Switzerland May. 2015.
- - Demo-AdiFad for Comaxurros : I collaborate with DEMO “Exploring new Processes of Creation” for reinventing the tradional Xurro. Barcelona. March. 2015.
- - Ecal Half-Time 2015:During Half-Time. Ecal guest my to represent “Master in Luxurious and Craftmanship”. Lausanne, Switzerland. February. 2015.
- - Ecal Diplomes 2014:During Mas Lux “Gong Repeater” and “Flavour Straw” is selected for the exibition. Lausanne, Switzerland. September. 2014.
- - Remy Martin & Ecal: “Future Heritage Exibition” during Paris Design Week. “Flavour Straw” is selected for the exibition. Paris. September. 2014.
- - Half-Time Exibition: presented some pieces in progress for Hermès, and Remy Martin. at Ecal. Lausanne, Switzerland. 2014.
- - Elegance Exhibition : during at “Mega Show” fair “DEW” dish-rack was selected, Hong-Kong, April 2012.
- - 125th Anniversary of Escofet : presented “MoM” bench collection into the group “Generación Liviana”, Barcelona, September 2011.
- - PechaKucha Barcelona : talk about the project “MOIxMOI” a product for yourself on the line “Utopian Design” Barcelona, October 2010.
- - International Congress of Design and Innovation of Catalonia : talk about “New Systems to Dynamize the Innovation”, Barcelona 2010.
- - Connect with the Innovation : collective exhibition, Deca project was selected, at MNACTEC museum, Barcelona, October 2009.